Monday, December 07, 2009

ScaleCamp UK 2009

On Friday I was fortunate enough to attend the inaugural ScaleCamp UK event, organised by Michael Brunton-Spall at the Guardian. This was a great conference. It was a BarCamp-style approach (not that I've been to BarCamp yet!) with the schedule evolving over conversations and planned on a board in the morning. Some of the sessions I took notes at; others were standing room only, so I'll try to remember what was talked about. Obviously, this is a personal perspective focused on my interests; others should be blogging about Javascript and the like.

I met lots of very passionate, smart people doing cool stuff. That bodes well for the economy; if you want to do interesting work, then hooking up with any of the people that attended there wouldn't be a bad place to start.

No comments: