Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Hustler

There was a bag of sweets up on the kitchen top. Connor spotted these and was after them, but I told him "Not for breakfast". After I'd gone to work, he asked Al the same and got the same response. His reaction?


Connor:
OK Mummy, me just hold it, OK?

Al:
OK Connor.

(Al continues ironing. Some time passes)


Connor: (Coming back into the kitchen)
Look Mummy, me just hold it, OK?

Al:
Well done Connor.

(More time passes)


Connor: (Comes back into the kitchen again)
Look Mummy, me still hold it

Al:
Good boy, Connor!

After an hour, the ironing is done and Al's about to phone me to say how well-disciplined the boy's been, just holding the sweets. So she takes the ironing upstairs and comes back down to see Connor doing his Muttley laugh and just shy of shovelling all of the sweets into his mouth! Gamed by a 2 year old.

No comments: